Speaking Center FAQ
- What happens in the Speaking Center?
- What happens in a Speaking Center session?
- Do I need an appointment to meet with a Speaking Center tutor?
- What’s a good time to drop by for tutoring?
- Will I see the same tutor if I come to the Center often?
- What do I need to bring to the Speaking Center?
- Do I have to pay for tutoring?
- English is not my first language. Can the Speaking Center tutors still help me?
and at the Center. Appointments are preferable, but not necessary. Keep in mind that if you wait until the last minute, you may find that the Center is busy. Our consultations generally last for about 30 minutes, so plan ahead!
Faculty and student tutors have regularly assigned hours. If you would like to see the same tutor, look at the schedules posted throughout the Center. There is no obligation to work with the same tutor: do what works best for you!
国产偷拍视频Bring a copy of your assignment sheet and your outline or rough draft if you have one. In addition, you should bring writing materials in case you want to take notes or make changes to your work while you are in the Center.
No. Young Harris College is committed to helping you reach your speaking goals. There is no charge.
国产偷拍视频The Speaking Center tutors have some information for students whose first language is not English, and they are always willing to help you in any way they can. Please pick up the handout titled “International Student and Public Speaking” during your visit.